
It is a great way to start the season. My beloved Horned Frogs have taken down a conference opponent and the Championship bound Sooners are rolling over their opponent of the day as well. While so many things in life change, the sound of football remains constant. Every fall I leave the television on whether I'm in the room or not for as long as there is a game on. The sound of football is like the occasional hymn sing, the sound of carolers at Christmas, waves at the beach. Now with streaming coverage, I get to at least listen to glorious victories of TCU wherever I am. The sound of football floods back memories of home and growing up. We watched (and even apart from each other) continue to watch copious amounts of football. My favorite year was my brother's senior year when I could watch him play on Friday night, college all day Saturday and the Cowboys on Sunday. There is comfort to me in the crashing of helmets and pads, whistles blowing, crowds cheering, the endless drone of announcers.

1 comment:
Well I'm glad the Frogs and OU won. My horrific Aggies fell to Arkansas State of all people in our season opener. Just shoot me now so I don't have to endure yet another season of upsetting losses.
Post a Comment