
It is the end of an era. A slightly short toss off the roof missed the dirt by inches and slammed into the sidewalk. At which point the bottom fell into pieces. Nalgene's come and Nalgene's go, but purple Thump and I have been together for some years now. These bottles are apparently giving me cancer anyhow, but nothing beats them even if they aren't truly indestructible. The first week I had this particular bottle I dropped it off a short cliff while climbing and busted the lid strap, which the store gladly handed me a replacement for. The irreplaceable is the memories that come with the bottle. The years that Cam and I had the same. The addition of Thump at an ROTC. Grad school. Enchanted Rock at New Year's. The lingering question is: Do I put the Thump sticker I found while unpacking on the new Nalgene or is that like cloning my dog and thinking its still the same dog?

1 comment:
its sad to see Thump break :(
i thought it would never break but great things come to an end.
i say
you find a different sticker
and stick it on you new one
and put the thump sticker on Blue. :)
Post a Comment