Suraja was hit by a car and I'm told she is dying. She's the one on my left in the photo. I don't want to believe that and I will keep praying that she heals and gets to live out her playful life, spreading InterPlay to the world and mostly Mexico. I first heard the news on Tuesday night moments after my nerves of the election were lifted and joy settled in. What a moment of great joy and great sadness. Over the week the news of Suraja's accident has caused me to think about my relationships. I only new Suraja because we were in an ongoing InterPlay course together (Leadership 1, now Life Practices I think). I wonder about all the times I took for granted an opportunity to learn from Suraja. To listen to her stories about Mexico and how life is different here. How often are there people in my life that I know and care about but still don't give enough time to or the best of me to? Why do I just want to curl up on the couch and sleep in the office right now or continue to write this blog instead of socializing with the three other wonderful coworkers sitting around me? Each in our own little worlds. I mourn that I might never have a chance to play with Suraja again. I hope for a future in which I take more time to play with those around me while they're around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Been praying. How is she?
Post a Comment