Very provoking. I like it. I actually watched it the day after you posted it but didn't have time to comment till today. I feel that this points out tons of issues that we the church do wrong. What if the church marketed like Starbucks? We are about to change the name of our Wednesday worship service to "Intermission" and launch into a big ad campaign. If you have any ideas please let me know.
How do we fully experience the love of God if we've never not experienced the love of God?
Rich Mullins, who once responded to the question of why he writes music by saying, “How many of John Wesley’s sermons do people remember? Not many. How many of Charles Wesley’s songs do people remember? Just about every church-goer, regardless of denomination, recognizes a dozen of them. Even pagans know a couple of them!”
If you can imagine the greatest love of your life, multiplied by millions, speaking affirmation into your soul, you will have in your mind the awareness of Christ and the community of the Trinity.
Do we have expectations of God? What happens if God doesn't fulfill those expectations? Does the relationship change?
to seduce versus to pursue
So Jesus was raised from the dead. What does that mean for the rest of my life?
It says Jesus "committed" his soul to God. Are any of our souls really ours to give back to God? And especially if Jesus was God in flesh was his soul not God's already?
1 comment:
Very provoking. I like it. I actually watched it the day after you posted it but didn't have time to comment till today. I feel that this points out tons of issues that we the church do wrong. What if the church marketed like Starbucks? We are about to change the name of our Wednesday worship service to "Intermission" and launch into a big ad campaign. If you have any ideas please let me know.
Post a Comment