6.28.2008
Growing Up
I realized last night that this is my last weekend before I officially begin my career. This is the last weekend of any sort of 'student' life that I might have. What did I do with my last weekend? Well, I was on a JrHigh Mission Trip till now and I preach tomorrow and move on Monday... I guess it could be said that the weekend before Rockdale ROTC was the last of my 'student-like' life, but I didn't realize it then, but do now. I don't know what to do with this information and this feeling. Mostly I don't have time to worry about it..But here it is for now. 10 Years ago at the age of 17 I decided I didn't want to be a gifted and talented education teacher (my dream since before I can remember) and that I wanted to be in Arts Ministry though I really had no idea what that meant. Here I stand (or sit on a guest bed at my parent's wishing I could be asleep) two DAYS from a job in arts ministry. I'm officially a liturgy coordinator. This makes up aspect 1 of a multi-layered container of Arts ministry. Bringing the visual, vocal, experiential elements of the weekly liturgical event is not what I would have told you 10 years ago that I'd be doing now. It is not what I would have told you 10 months ago. I know really my 'career' began years ago with the many paid and volunteer work I did related to this bigger scheme. But this week its really real. I'm doing it..Kelly Williams-Artist in ministry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow. I'm proud of you.
Best wishes and prayers for you.
Post a Comment