7.02.2008

First Days

I'm just home from my second 'day of work'. This included a few emails from home, dinner with the Praise Band leader and band practice. For two people I am making quite a difference in their lives, I will be taking over many tasks that they don't have the time nor need to be doing themselves. They could not be more excited for my arrival. For the rest, they understand that I am needed and are very welcoming but their lives are not changed much. For me, this is my new world. I am meeting my new social and professional circles. These are the new Abby, Brad, Cynthia, Jessica, Brian, Carrie, Kristi, Minna -s of my world. I believe it was somewhere in the midst of the fourth or fifth time through Los Lonely Boys' Heaven (yes, the praise band will play Los Lonely Boys in church on Sunday) that I had this revelation. My life changed significantly this week and with any luck these people will become some of the more significant in my life here in Dallas, but to each of them today was just another day. How often do we remember those first meetings? How often is someone else's life going through dramatic change right before us and we're just trucking on as normal?

No comments: