6.03.2009

the good folks of the world

 I do a good share of ranting about my frustrations with folks in service. Today, that was not the case. I began my day by backing my beautiful blue truck through a wall. Yes, a wall. The rotted old wood wall of the shed across the alley. I ran over a tree limb, it popped, startled me, diverted my attention and boom. lame. totally busted my tail-light big ol'white marks surrounding it and some smushed boards on the shed. So, I called my daddy like any girl would do. I was already on my way to AutoZone at this point, but needed his confirmation. This is where I met Martin. 1 passenger side F150 '97 taillight in stock. He even came out and put it on the car for me. Martin refers me to English Auto Paint. I walk in 10 minutes before they close tonight and meet Sam. Sam takes a look and sends me next door to the collision repair. Says he'll be happy to mix paint for me tomorrow, but thinks I really just need to get the white paint from the shed boards buffed off and may be Miguel will just do it for me really quick. So, I move next door (I forgot to ask the name of this wonderful addition to my day, possibly Miguel if this is who Sam was talking about). He tells me if he buffs the one corner it will look very odd compared to the rest of the car. So, he gets an old Gatorade bottle half full of 'reducer' could be water for all I know. Wipes the two white scuffs clean! I owe him nothing. What a very nice collision man. I am very thankful for these three men today, they made a major annoyance as pleasant as it could be to recover from in this absolutely insane week. I met and confessed to a man named David who lives in the house on the shed property and tried to win him over complimenting his motorcycle (which is actually extremely loud often at late night hours, but oh well.) Now, all I can hope is that owner of the shed, Roy, is as nice as Martin, Sam and collision repair man. Thank you nice people of the service world. Today you are all greatly appreciated.

No comments: