6.29.2009

Growing UP?

When I was young I spent the summers with my grandparents in El Paso. My best friend for so many years lived a few blocks from them. We always joked that we couldn't take her mother to any movie because she cried at everything. We thought it was hilarious and couldn't imagine why all these movies that weren't even sad made her cry. I still don't know why. But, last night I found myself shedding tears in the first 15 minutes of a cartoon. Comforted only by the fact that my date was also crying. The story telling is absolutely amazing and we both cried at least two more times before all the credits rolled.
So, has the rest of me caught up to the grey hair? Is crying at the movies something that happens with age? Experience? lack of sleep? My same friend recently posted a beautiful blog on becoming grown up. When does this happen? 18? 21? graduation? marriage? job? birth? death? movies?

1 comment:

Netty said...

I asked a friend this the other day. She said that in the US, you are still considered an adolescent until you hit 30. :) Which made me feel better since I don't think I've accomplished enough.
Annette