3.15.2011

Pride will be the death of me

We are going through a series on the 7 Deadly Sins at my church. In my research today for worship and Sunday School lessons, I took the time to take a quiz to 'discover my sin'. Here are the results.

Greed:Low
Gluttony:Low
Wrath:Very Low
Sloth:Very Low
Envy:Very Low
Lust:Very Low
Pride:Medium


Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

Now, I thought some of the questions were a bit extreme and so may have scored lower on this then I really struggle with any of these sins. However, I find the relative proportions that I struggle with each quite 'dead' on and very interesting. I've always been very concerned about keeping my pride, having a strong image and so forth. My interest in quite peeked to take a look at where my sense of pride crosses the line from healthy trait for a successful person to sin. In church we'll be taking this subject not from the traditional lens of Pride vs. Humility, but from the perspective of Pride vs. Confidence in God's Call on your life.

No comments: