For the weeks to come I will be fulltime: nurse, cook, housekeeper, employee and I get to finish remodeling our bathroom! Whew! As I think about that sentence I realize how blessed I am that this is a temporary situation for me. There are so many individuals in the world for which this is their daily to-do and always will be. I, on the other hand, am super blessed with a partner who shares in all of this with me -even the employee portion. My husband is an absolute gift to my life. In 'normal' life we completely share cooking, cleaning, housework, etc. We help each other with the other's work as we are skilled and able (i.e. he makes fantastic videos for the church anytime I ask for help and even when I don't).
Me beloved was in a motorcycle accident last Tuesday. (Yes, he will be riding again as soon as he is able) He was cut off by a car who missed their exit and went for it anyhow without looking. The bike and my dearest hit the car, went flying through the air and the bike landed on his left leg and slid on down the road. The leg is broken in 4 places. He had two surgeries last week. The first to put on an external fixture to allow the tissue around the bone some time to heal. The second to insert a rod through his tibia and a screw near the ankle. The fracture in the fibia will heal itself. We came home from the hospital on Saturday afternoon. He has crutches but the pain and swelling increase immensely when he gets upright, so we're just keeping him on the couch.
No bit of writing about this is complete without a thank you to all of our wonderful family, friends and employers who have been so gracious with messages, gifts, visits and time off. We are truly, deeply blessed. Here are some photos. He has bloody pictures too, but you'll have to come visit him to see the gore!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment