10.13.2011
TMI?
I just posted a new album on Facebook of our recent hospital and recovery experiences. Thinking back to my early FB days it took me while to even join this great social networking endeavor and more time to upload photos and such. Then I realized, that I like taking photos and sharing them, I like looking at other friend's photos and so I didn't think much about sharing my albums (with discretion and knowledge of the public nature of the FB forum). So, the photo albums went up sharing life's most and least exciting moments. We've all been through this, so why am I reliving the experience here? Because, tonight I wonder is this appropriate anymore? How often do I see folks post full albums other then a wedding, kid's birth or birthdays (the really major events of life)? FB is still full of photos, but the one off mobile upload type. Not the narrative full photo album type. So I wonder, too much information? Or loss of the narrative? Or is the narrative happening in this real time immediate upload/update manner and in this instance I'm among the nostalgic who like the refined story line of the post-event album? But then, even as I write this post and flip back to FB randomly selecting friends from my sidebar to see what kind of albums they have I find a nice mix. Some with overflowing mobile upload albums, some with albums full of their children, and some like me posting narrative albums of the exceptional and life whatever it seems to bring. So, at the risk of over-sharing, I think I'll continue documenting my life and sharing it with those who take the time to subscribe (or whatever the latest term is) to me and look through my albums. (I'll also go on record here, that I am excited about the possibilities in the upcoming change to the Facebook Timeline.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment