I was asked recently who I would want to play me in the movie of my life. I was struck without an answer. Not simply because I don't forsee the need for that movie to ever be made, but because I really enjoy casting, yet can't come up with who I would want to represent me. As I was just reading an article on people.com I wonder if it is not so important as who plays me in the movie as to who replaces me in my work. This summer we (PSR and the greater Religion and Art Community) lost one of our greatest teachers, Doug Adams. The conversation since has been how do you replace such a man. At this point, he has not been replaced and the conversations are leading in the direction of it taking three people to fill the vacancy. People reports that it will take three actors (of extreme talent, Jude Law, Johnny Depp and Colin Farrell) to complete the role the late Heath Ledger holds in his unfinished film, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. Is it possible to find balance of the work and play of life while being so instrumental as to need three people to succeed you?
on a completely different note: http://www.nkotb.com/ check it out. enough said.
2.20.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment