7.05.2008

being the new girl

It's like the night before the first day of school. I'm a little nervous. I've been picking out my outfit. I wonder what they'll think of me. Will they like me? Will I fit it? Who will my friends be by the end of the year? Will I say the right thing for the offertory prayer??...well may be that one's a little different. Its funny to sit here and be mildly nervous for tomorrow. I've already worked this week and managed to live, yet this jitters are still here. How unfortunate is it that even in going to a place where love and fellowship are key aspects I am still concerned with what people might think of me. Mostly, this is a passing thought, but my life and society has effected such that I anticipate at least a mild amount of judgement to fill tomorrow (I don't exclude myself from that act either). I know these people are wonderful and will love me, they've already told me so. But no matter how many times we step onto the stage I still get opening night jitters. Part of me hopes I always will. Part of me thinks its all pretty silly.

No comments: