I began to blog earlier today and rant about service calls. I'm currently subletting a house and the cable went out last week. My roommate promptly called the cable folks when he got back in town and they scheduled to come out today. Now, I currently work from home, so being around when they came today was no problem, I was going to be sitting here on the computer all day anyhow. My curiosity is more in theory. In the wider world and in 11 out of 12 months of my own life..who can just be at home between 8 and 8 to wait for the cable to be fixed? Really..you can't narrow it down more than that? As I began to blog earlier, around noon, they showed up. What they thought would be a twenty minute stop turned into more than 90 minutes. I can see that this would put a kink in a scheduled day but when all 11 of your 'scheduled' calls are on 12 hour standby. I'd also like to note that while being here I learned that the day of the two service men at my house did not start till 10 and another crew on the walkie-talkie phones didn't start till 11. Why am I on standby at 8am (not that I got up, but I did leave my phone on) if the service workers aren't starting till late morning? Seriously.
I had put this all aside until I just received an email from my student loan company. My student loan company for which I had to go to their site myself to find out that I was already (mind you only 40 days past graduation) past due on my first payment. No late fee-no worries. I'm all paid up now. Watch out for your GradPlus loans fellow students they have NO grace period. So, I laugh to receive an email today that includes the following, "Dear Graduate, Our records show that you may or may not have just graduated. Congratulations and thank you for choosing *** as your student loan partner." *I do actually like my lender so I won't list them here to publicly shame them even though their 'records' seem questionable. If anyone figures out my graduation status and needs me to be on 12-hour standby let me know. Till then, I'd just like to say our service industry needs some help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment