I feel bad even complaining after having the opportunity to see such amazing dancing tonight, but I'm left wanting more. I apparently goofed when buying tickets (last October) for this weekend's visit of the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre. I have wanted for years to see Alvin Ailey's most reknowned piece, Revelations. Somehow, I didn't realize it was on the the other two of the three programs that were shown in rep this weekend. Ugh, I am sad. The dancing was still beautiful and in the end it just means I'll have an excuse to go the next time the company and I are in the same city again.
My more interesting pondering for this posting is my bodily reaction to dance. I was very aware tonight of the occasion tick or movement of an arm or leg as I sat 'still' watching the program. We've discussed 'mirror nuerons' (sensors in our bodies which pickup and react to the energies of the bodies around us) in my InterPlay encounters many times. Tonight I truly sensed them. The dancers make it look so easy (as is their job) and my body wanted to bend and twirl right along with them. I do wonder if my mirror neurons are more sensitive an active than other folks or if most people just think its a lack of potassium or something.
Here's a bit of Revelations for those not familiar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment