3.27.2008

forgive us as we forgive those..?



This was the Easter postcard for my friend's church this year and raised quite some conversation on what I understand to be a gamer's website that I find to be fascinating.

After reading these, I was interested to read the article, Parents pick prayer over docs; girl dies, and the following comments, though I admit to stopping after the first half dozen. Though I believe in a combination of prayer and medicine I would not choose to lash out against these folks, who did after all loose their child. What I really wonder is why fundamental Christianity appears to have a great influence in our country today and yet these online communities are so quick to judge and throw stones. Are we safer to be mean without a real name and face to go with our comments? The church has a lot more reconciliation to do than with our GLBT family members if there is this much anger with the church really floating around. May be the church should kneel down and ask forgiveness before we require it of others.

1 comment:

Searching Soul (a.k.a Darleen Pryds) said...

I had a similar reaction to the comments to that story. So many were full of hate and bitterness seemingly anyone of faith. The depth of the hate and ridicule cut me to the core.