3.30.2008
Power of Propaganda
Before two weeks ago, I would have scoffed at the notion that people in America would believe that Barack Obama is of the Muslim faith no matter how many people told me of this misconception. As we heard in church Sunday morning, I was a doubting Thomas about this. I had to see it myself to believe. Somewhere between Good Friday's Were you there and last night's Victory in Jesus at the fifth Sunday Hymn sing my Holy Hill bubble perception of the perfect world was popped. I have now in the last two weeks heard two people say plainly that Obama is a Muslim and I want to find a new country to live in if he gets elected president...followed by an explosion of equally incorrect information soon to leap to an equal attack on Hillary. I can't even say that both instances happened in small town America, one took place in downtown Berkeley, California. These are people of the world that would give the shirt off their back (as the local preacher would say) but are simultaneously powerfully misinformed. I hope that the informed might speak with as much passion words of truth as I have recently heard folks publicly implore simply incorrect information.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment