4.03.2008

Grateful

Since flying in at noon on Monday I have applied for several jobs and secured one interview, Walked to Emmaus (or at least decorated the Chapel and directed a dramatic reading), secured, moved and sanded several wooden desks, attended some classes and meetings, submitted my synthesis for review, memorialized MLK, designed and will tomorrow Altar Bodies, Saturday I will attend Sweet Honey and the Rock matinee, the SF Ballet at night, hear a friend preach sunday and by Tuesday write a paper and mostly finish my personal prayer book. This I believe would be what one may call a crazy week. But, I am finally doing exactly what I love (and some of the above were even paying gigs! yes, dad, actual money:)). It appears I am a working artist and still two months till graduation. I'm not paying the bills by any means, but the wheels are starting. So, finally may I take this moment when I just don't have the energy to look for a thought provoking article or muse on an interesting lecture to say thank you. Thank you to those who read this for loving and supporting me. Thank you to people who support the arts in paying us just like you'd have to pay the caterer or rent for the building.

1 comment:

abbykk said...

amen dear friend. i should have copied your post and put it on my blog too...

of course, not without crediting you.