$10,000 for a Child's Birthday PartyStory Highlights
Some parents pay $25,000 for children's birthday parties
Dad reportedly spent $25 million on daughter's bat mitzvah
Minnesota parents organize for simpler birthday celebrations
Frugal mom offers tips on throwing parties for $50
Some parents pay $25,000 for children's birthday parties
Dad reportedly spent $25 million on daughter's bat mitzvah
Minnesota parents organize for simpler birthday celebrations
Frugal mom offers tips on throwing parties for $50
The image to the left is a cake. A $1500 cake for a 10 year old. I would like to say that I don't make judgements, but I do. May be it is something I should work on. I write lengthy essays and fill out long applications just to get $1500 in scholarship money to put towards the more than $40000 of debt just incurred in two years of graduate school. At the same time, I wouldn't mind being hired by any of the above families to design their parties, at least the decor for them. I would like them to hire me, so that in one night of work and a couple weeks of planning I can finance the majority of the rest of my year and be able to work at a much lower rate for non-profit social activism and faith groups. So, I guess I relinquish the right to judge some one's lifestyle by my need for these people to finance my lifestyle. I am in a quandary over it though.

1 comment:
This cake angers me. I never thought that cake would anger me, since I have such a strong attraction to and love for it, but I am angry. Angry enough to lose my appetite, even for cake.
This is beyond ridiculous, and the only comfort I have is that someone charged them $15,000 for a $100 cake. And, part of me wishes that the cake decorator would have asked for more. If they are ridiculous enough to pay that much, I am glad that they had to. Does that make sense? If I had money, I'd give it to you because I believe in what you do, but I wouldn't give you ridiculous amounts of money to plan a party. Maybe I only think that way because I don't have money. I don't have money, and this stupid cake angers me.
Post a Comment