I did it again this weekend..I found moments of worship in galleries and theatres long before time for "church" rolled around on Sunday morning. Friday night I was honored to be a part of the Altared Bodies exhibit at InterPlayce. It was a great time of fellowship with my dearest of friends as well as artistic beauty and sacred encounters. Saturday was time spent compiling by personal prayer book spattered between an open rehearsal of Sweet Honey and the Rock/Mozart Ensemble/Oakland School for the Arts and An International Tribute to the SF Ballet that night (disregard what the critics say, the Ballet de Monte Carlo's Altro Canto was brilliant). As I tucked myself into bed on Saturday night I remembered a saying I often use that I may more often find moments of particular closeness w/God sitting in a theatre than in a sanctuary. I did, however, get myself up for church on Sunday to support my friend who took on the environment, theodicy and a laying on of hands for healing. If anyone wondered if this individual was cut out for ordained ministry or not, they should have been at church on Sunday, no frills, just powerful words. At the end of a week of insanity I was truly blessed and the funny thing of it all... in a week when I normally would have said, I don't have time, I did. I found time to nourish myself, worship in the ways that are meaningful and nurturing to me and the work got done as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment